subject/modules/units and course were developed for TAFE NSW (Technical and Further Education)
and accredited for use by TAFE throughout Australia.
About TRANSFORMING CONFLICT
The learning activities were developed by a group of Sydney school, special
education and TAFE college teachers. They adapted the group experiential, transformational
learning strategies and learning activities from a range of sources including
Help Increase the Peace Program (HIPP) and the Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP)
for use in classrooms.
During the last thirty years teams of Help Increase the Peace Program (HIPP) and
Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) facilitators have run nonviolence conflict
transformation workshops in schools, community groups and prisons in more than 40 countries.
TRANSFORMING CONFLICT relates to both the learning of skills to
transform a conflict and the potential of transformational learning that can enable
a learner to transform the way they look at conflict and the way they habitually
respond to conflict.
Transforming Conflict, Facilitating Nonviolence: a Facilitator's Guide
is the 204 page teachers' manual published in 2001 by TAFE NSW. It provides the information,
delivery strategies and interactive learning activities to support the teaching of two TAFE NSW
modules that were accredited for use by TAFE courses throughout Australia from 2000 to 2007.
In 2007 these two TAFE NSW modules were replaced by the four TAFE NSW units
- 4964D Transforming Conflict
- 4997F Facilitating Nonviolence
delivery strategies and interactive learning activities can be used to
- Use Strategies To Transform Conflict - NSWTCOM211A
- Facilitate Nonviolence and Conflict Resolution - NSWTCOM312A
- Respond to Signs and Sources of Conflict - NSWTCOM111A
- Apply Strategies to Resolve Conflict - NSWTCOM311A
- Teach any or all of the four conflict resolution/transformation units
- Teach these units as a short course on conflict transformation, or
- Use these learning activities and experiential learning style in any class on conflict transformation, conflict resolution, communication, nonviolent communication, cooperation, community building, team building, self-esteem and affirmation